Why Should I Give to Fran’s Place?
All donors want to know why they should donate to a particular charity. Here are the reasons why giving to Fran’s Place is great:
- We are Unique. Most cancer health providers who provide counseling do so with less trained and less experienced personnel. Our therapists are LICENSED PROFESSIONALS with experience treating cancer: Psychologists, MFTs (Marriage and Family Therapists) and LCSWs (Licensed Clinical Social Workers). These highly skilled counselors have specific experience in treating cancer patients and their families, and can have a significant impact on those they treat. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
- We Are Efficient: We are an all-volunteer organization, with our accounting, marketing, technology, and administrative work done by volunteers who donate their time. This enables more of your donation to go directly to patient services.
- We Fulfill a Critical Need: Most cancer patients have access to physical treatment, but many DO NOT have access to treatment for the emotional and mental difficulties that accompany a cancer diagnosis. We provide these vital services at no charge to those in need.
- We Are Small: As a small charity, founded by a two-time cancer survivor, we don’t have the fundraising capabilities of large, national charities. We rely on our core donor base for most of our support.
- The Need is Great, and Growing: We transitioned to virtual (zoom and phone) delivery of services (as a response to Covid) in 2020. As a result, the demand for our services “zoomed” up, since we could then deliver services anywhere in the State of California, not just our local area. In 2021, we actually did 75% more work than in 2019. We get referrals from more health providers than ever. Our ability to meet this increased demand is totally dependent on the level of support we receive. The more you give, the more patients we can help.
- Cancer Touches Everyone: We all know someone who has been impacted by cancer. We treat the patient, their families and caregivers. Imagine how this helps those people cope with the stress of a cancer diagnosis for themselves or a loved one.
You can support us TODAY by donating or joining our WALK FOR FRAN’S PLACE 2022.